- James Fisher’s bravest raise money for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- JFMS sponsoring and exhibiting at SR Offshore Wind Conference 2018
- Dart Fisher's claim to fame
- JFMS recognised for subsea UXO clearance campaign at Hinkley Point C
- JFMS wins at Hinkley Point C excellence awards
- JFMS secures integrated marine contract for East Anglia ONE wind farm
- James Fisher announced as integrated marine contractor for East Anglia ONE
- JFMS wins best regional contribution at the 2017 EEEGR awards
- JFMS part of landmark €20m EnFAIT project.
- JFMS cements its market leading reputation with latest installation for MeyGen
- JFMS provides wpd with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFMS awarded UXO contract for Hinkley Point C
- Join JFMS at Offshore Wind Energy 2017
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey company
- James Fisher and Sons plc acquires wind turbine specialists Rotos 360
- James Fisher Marine Services selected to support GWave installation
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFMS opens new office in Lowestoft
- James Fisher Marine Services’ offshore operations commence at Galloper
- James Fisher Rampion security vessel
- Vital repairs to Torksey Lock
- JF Marine Services deploys innovative ROV technique on platforms in the North Sea
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- James Fisher Marine Services delivers UXO campaign at German offshore wind farm
- James Fisher acquires Hughes Sub Surface Engineering Ltd
- Mojo Maritime recognised for expertise in complex tidal turbine project
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- JFMS to exhibit at Oceanology International 2016
- DeltaStream tidal energy device installation
- Launch of James Fisher Subsea
- JFMS delivers UXO project in renewable market
- Capability enhancement with new state-of-the-art Bauer enriched air nitrox system
- Osiris receives outstanding IRM performance review from EDF
- James Fisher completes acquisition of Mojo Maritime Ltd
- James Fisher makes further investment in subsea assets
- Osiris delivers key ROV and cable pull-in solution on Humber Gateway
- Maria McCaffery officially names James Fisher's vessel 'Dart Fisher'
- Osiris achieves approved supplier status with BP Global Diving
- Osiris completes inspection IRM work at EDF Sizewell B
- Installation of the world’s largest commercial tidal energy array to commence
- Osiris expands its shoreside capability
- Launch of a dedicated offshore base in Grimsby
- James Fisher Marine Services partners with Mammoet Salvage
- Dart Fisher completes two charters at Round Three sites
- James Fisher Marine Services invest in Supacat's multi-purpose vessel
- Osiris completes world’s first commercial Nitrox diver training course
- Osiris joins IMCA
- Design assistance for Kawasaki Heavy Industries tidal turbine
- Osiris completes diving work on Lincs offshore wind farm
- Osiris Marine Services enter into 12th year of operations at Arish Mell
- Osiris mobilise its Cougar-XT ROV in support of oil and gas operations in Mexico
- JFMS provides support to offshore installation in Liverpool Bay
- Launch of innovative Ship-to-Turbine™ oil change system
- Developing a sustainable supply chain at the SR Offshore Wind Conference.
- OWIG appoints John Best as chair of new supply chain forum.
- JFMS provides E.ON with its cutting-edge offshore wind management system
JFMS provides wpd with Mermaid®
wpd to use Mermaid® to help plan its offshore operations and to understand and reduce weather risk
James Fisher Marine Services (JFMS), part of James Fisher and Sons plc, are pleased to announce that WPD Offshore Solutions GmbH has become the latest European wind farm operator to take Mermaid as its tool for assessing the weather risk on its construction and O&M activities.
It means wpd join the likes of Vattenfall, RWE and Jan De Nul as a user of one of the most sophisticated marine operation planning tools available.
Florian Ladage, Tendering Manager Offshore Projects states “Before committing to Mermaid we went through a comprehensive selection process and looked at the options available. Mermaid impressed with its ability to model complex operations yet it is easy to use.”
“We were also impressed with the technical support and metocean expertise available from the JFMS Mermaid team” Ladage added.
Mermaid® provides increased understanding of the impact of weather and tidal forces on a project’s schedule to companies involved in marine operations. By accurately simulating marine operations against historical weather and tidal data, Mermaid® enables enhanced decision-making in the early planning stages to support significant cost-savings through project optimisation.
The system is developed in ongoing consultation with leading companies and new features and functionality are added regularly.
Adam Leonard-Williams, marine operations consultant with JFMS, said:
“We’re delighted that wpd have signed up and joined our increasing Mermaid user base. We work hard to not only introduce new clients to Mermaid, but to make sure that existing clients are supported and have a positive experience.
"I am very much looking forward to working closely with the team at wpd and getting them up and running with Mermaid and getting critical weather intelligence to help them in their planning.”
Start your two-week trial with free introductory training now to see how Mermaid® can support your marine operations, or visit the Mermaid website for more information.