- James Fisher’s bravest raise money for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- JFMS sponsoring and exhibiting at SR Offshore Wind Conference 2018
- Dart Fisher's claim to fame
- JFMS recognised for subsea UXO clearance campaign at Hinkley Point C
- JFMS wins at Hinkley Point C excellence awards
- JFMS secures integrated marine contract for East Anglia ONE wind farm
- James Fisher announced as integrated marine contractor for East Anglia ONE
- JFMS wins best regional contribution at the 2017 EEEGR awards
- JFMS part of landmark €20m EnFAIT project.
- JFMS cements its market leading reputation with latest installation for MeyGen
- JFMS provides wpd with Mermaid®
- The Dart Fisher sails ahead with updated features
- JFMS awarded UXO contract for Hinkley Point C
- Join JFMS at Offshore Wind Energy 2017
- James Fisher Marine Services acquires leading hydrographic survey company
- James Fisher and Sons plc acquires wind turbine specialists Rotos 360
- James Fisher Marine Services selected to support GWave installation
- JFMS celebrates growth in the East of England with new office opening
- Mojo Maritime completes landmark tidal turbine installation at MeyGen
- JFMS opens new office in Lowestoft
- James Fisher Marine Services’ offshore operations commence at Galloper
- James Fisher Rampion security vessel
- Vital repairs to Torksey Lock
- JF Marine Services deploys innovative ROV technique on platforms in the North Sea
- Partnering with Atlantis on MeyGen tidal array
- James Fisher Marine Services delivers UXO campaign at German offshore wind farm
- James Fisher acquires Hughes Sub Surface Engineering Ltd
- Mojo Maritime recognised for expertise in complex tidal turbine project
- Pontoon contract for Rampion offshore wind farm
- JFMS to exhibit at Oceanology International 2016
- DeltaStream tidal energy device installation
- Launch of James Fisher Subsea
- JFMS delivers UXO project in renewable market
- Capability enhancement with new state-of-the-art Bauer enriched air nitrox system
- Osiris receives outstanding IRM performance review from EDF
- James Fisher completes acquisition of Mojo Maritime Ltd
- James Fisher makes further investment in subsea assets
- Osiris delivers key ROV and cable pull-in solution on Humber Gateway
- Maria McCaffery officially names James Fisher's vessel 'Dart Fisher'
- Osiris achieves approved supplier status with BP Global Diving
- Osiris completes inspection IRM work at EDF Sizewell B
- Installation of the world’s largest commercial tidal energy array to commence
- Osiris expands its shoreside capability
- Launch of a dedicated offshore base in Grimsby
- James Fisher Marine Services partners with Mammoet Salvage
- Dart Fisher completes two charters at Round Three sites
- James Fisher Marine Services invest in Supacat's multi-purpose vessel
- Osiris completes world’s first commercial Nitrox diver training course
- Osiris joins IMCA
- Design assistance for Kawasaki Heavy Industries tidal turbine
- Osiris completes diving work on Lincs offshore wind farm
- Osiris Marine Services enter into 12th year of operations at Arish Mell
- Osiris mobilise its Cougar-XT ROV in support of oil and gas operations in Mexico
- JFMS provides support to offshore installation in Liverpool Bay
- Launch of innovative Ship-to-Turbine™ oil change system
- Developing a sustainable supply chain at the SR Offshore Wind Conference.
- OWIG appoints John Best as chair of new supply chain forum.
- JFMS provides E.ON with its cutting-edge offshore wind management system
Leading marine energy construction company James Fisher Marine Services selected to support GWave installation
James Fisher Marine Services chosen to provide engineering services to Gwave, who are installing their first of a kind energy device at Wave Hub, Cornwall.
James Fisher Marine Services (JFMS), part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has been selected to provide project engineering services for Gwave’s inaugural Power Generation Vessel (PGV) installation, the first wave energy device of its kind to be used in Europe.
GWave, which is based in Maine, USA, has spent the past decade developing the innovative technology, which has been designed to be able to generate up to 9MW of renewable energy – more than that produced by the biggest offshore wind turbine currently available. The work will be undertaken by a division of JFMS, Marine Projects (previously Mojo Maritime), who will be on hand to assist in the delivery of the project at the Wave Hub site in Cornwall. Wave Hub was chosen in recognition of the strong wave resource, infrastructure and industry experience available in the area, making it a well suited test area for the PGV installation.
JFMS’s Principal Naval Architect, Bob Colclough, said:
“We are delighted to be involved in this transatlantic project; GWave’s commitment to the South West is a great testament to the strength and depth of supply chain."We hope this is the first of many developments off our shores, consolidating the UK’s position as world leaders in marine renewable energy. Wave Hub has been the birthplace for many innovative projects and will be a great testing ground for the device.“JFMS has been involved with numerous wave and tidal energy projects in and around the South coast, we are involved in all stages of project work from engineering design to offshore installation campaigns.”
GWave and its partners are now conducting detailed tests of the mooring system at the Coastal, Ocean and Sediment Transport laboratory at Plymouth University before planned installation in 2018.