Launch of a dedicated offshore base in Grimsby
James Fisher Marine Services Ltd (JFMS) announces a launch of a dedicated offshore renewables and marine support base in Grimsby.
- JFMS announces opening of marine support base strategically located in the Port of Grimsby East
- Dedicated base includes offices and lay down facilities for rapid mobilisation of containerised assets including Dive and ROV systems and vessels
- Provides a single point of access to the wider James Fisher group specialist marine and subsea capability in close proximity to client operations
- Complements existing network of support bases in Barrow, Great Yarmouth, Lyness and Newhaven
JFMS, part of James Fisher and Sons plc, today announces the launch of an operational base, in Port of Grimsby East, to support construction and O&M activities within the growing offshore wind sector.
Port of Grimsby East was chosen due to the significant investment made in the area in recent years and the growing presence of renewable energy companies as an attractive location to service their wind farms.
The facility provides a local presence to be able to respond quickly to client's needs through the rapid and efficient mobilisation / demobilisation of vessels and equipment including:
- Mass flow excavation systems
- Air and Nitrox diving spreads
- ROV spreads
- Ship-to-Turbine (STT) oil transfer systems
- Offshore accommodation modules
- Specialist marine and subsea assets and equipment
"This latest expansion of our operational footprint enables us to increase both the range of services and the speed of response and service levels to our customers engaged in the development and operation offshore wind farms off the East coast of England"
Explained Jim Hey, managing director, JFMS.
"With many of the James Fisher companies already engaged in offshore wind projects in the North Sea, this new facility enables us ensure that we have the right assets and personnel in place to react quickly and efficiently and provide our customers with a single interface to the groups wider capability."
The new facility, that includes offices, meeting rooms and secure lay-down facility, will be operational from 21 July with diving and inspection class ROV equipment from Osiris Marine Services (now James Fisher Marine Services) located on site with further specialist equipment arriving over the summer.