Wikinger OWF boulder clearance
James Fisher Marine Services were contracted to perform a boulder clearance run along all 70 WTG locations on Wikinger OWF.
The aim of the mission was to clear the defined spudcans and interaction areas of the IV ghosting primary positions from existing seabed surface for boulders of above 0.50m height. These operations were carried out based on the seabed geophysical/geotechnical survey reports and meteocean data provided by Scottish Power.
|Iberdrola/Scottish Power Renewables||Offshore Germany|
The Boulder Clearance operation was performed along the following parameters determined by the Client:
- Standard penetration depth, 0m.
- Identification of boulder positions with the use of RTK equipment.
- Relocation of boulders starting from 0.50m height above seabed and located within the Installation Vessel spudcans and interaction area.
- Relocation of boulders starting from 0.50m height above seabed and located within the Installation Vessel spudcan and interaction areas within the biotopes areas according to the BSH requirements.
- Tracking of each boulder relocation operation from their original position in a log file, including video if required by the Employer or BSH.
- Final detailed reporting of the boulders relocation.