Robin Rigg wind turbine decommissioning
James Fisher Marine Services was contacted by clients E-ON to provide diving support for the decommissioning of two offshore 3MW Vestas V90 wind turbines.
The Robin Rigg wind-farm is located 11km from the Dumfries and Galloway coast and 13km north west of
the port of Workington.
Task and outcomes:
- Diving support to assist in the recovery of objects
- Removal of belly bands
- Installation of track assembly tool and set-up
- Installation of cutting tool
- Relocation of cutting tool
- HP water-jet cleaning
- Installation of monopile recovery rigging
- Cable removal from transition piece
- Cable laydown support
James Fisher Marine Services completed each task with precision and delivered the project both on time and on budget.
If you would like to learn more about this project and the benefits we delivered please contact a member of our team.