- Bespoke steel frame design and fabrication
- Sandbank offshore wind farm
- Bespoke design and manufacture of LARS for FPSO
- James Fisher Marine Services supports MeyGen cable installation project
- Humber Gateway offshore wind farm
- Walney II offshore wind farm
- Underwater course screen removal
- Dive control design and manufacture
- Routine inspection, repair and maintenance
- Outfall pipe inspection, repair and maintenance
- Burbo Bank anode installation
- Subsea inspections: Borkum Riffgrund, Gode Wind and Anholt
- Cathodic protection system installation
- ERT provision at Gwynt-y-Mor OWF
- Subsea inspections: Gwynt-y-Mor
- Subsea inspection campaign on Hinkley Point C
- Robin Rigg wind turbine decommissioning
- Wikinger OWF boulder clearance
- Wylfa power station
MeyGen tidal energy array
Delivering an integrated diving solution, James Fisher Marine Services (JFMS) supported the successful cable installation at the MeyGen tidal energy array.
JFMS completed the messenger wire installation and shore end cable pull-in operations at MeyGen Limited’s (MeyGen) Pentland Firth tidal energy array. JFMS supported its sister company Mojo Maritime, who acted as project lead, in providing expertise in the subsea diving element of the project.
Operating from a diving platform, the team conducted preparatory dives to support the laying of 11km of export cable. The operation was shaped by some of the world's most extreme environmental conditions with tidal speed reaching up to 6 knots creating small windows of opportunity in which divers could safely enter the water.
To optimise operational dive time and to support ad hoc diver intervention, the team was mobilised throughout the duration of the project on a 24 hour basis - providing a flexible diving solution.
Completing the project, JFMS utilised its multi-skilled divers to deliver the shore end cable pull-ins, which connects the tidal energy array to the main electricity grid.