- Bespoke steel frame design and fabrication
- Sandbank offshore wind farm
- Bespoke design and manufacture of LARS for FPSO
- James Fisher Marine Services supports MeyGen cable installation project
- Humber Gateway offshore wind farm
- Walney II offshore wind farm
- Underwater course screen removal
- Dive control design and manufacture
- Routine inspection, repair and maintenance
- Outfall pipe inspection, repair and maintenance
- Burbo Bank anode installation
- Subsea inspections: Borkum Riffgrund, Gode Wind and Anholt
- Cathodic protection system installation
- ERT provision at Gwynt-y-Mor OWF
- Subsea inspections: Gwynt-y-Mor
- Subsea inspection campaign on Hinkley Point C
- Robin Rigg wind turbine decommissioning
- Wikinger OWF boulder clearance
- Wylfa power station
Bespoke LARS design and manufacture
James Fisher Subsea designed, manufactured and installed a bespoke, temporary twin basket diver deployment system on an FPSO.
The diver Launch and Recovery System (LARS) was designed and built in accordance with IMCA D023, Lloyds ‘Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment’ and ATEX Zone II compliance due to the location of the installation.
Adapting to limited access, the LARS including the deployment frame was mounted on an existing gantry structure located on the collar deck of the turret, which was designed and manufactured as a modular solution to enable flexibility during installation and removal.
Designed to mitigate against operational downtime, the LARS included two separate dive baskets, each of which included its own clump weights, winches, hydraulic hoses, Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) and joystick control systems.
In addition, each system had its own internal back-up with each HPU having two sets of components, sharing only the frames, control panel and system integration points - making the system fully redundant enabling efficiency and complete operational reassurance.
The project was completed on-time, within budget and delivered against the customer’s specific requirements with recognition provided to the professionalism demonstrated by M&DS.